View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: 25NL lost to a higher kicker

Please, stop posting results. It really hurts your responses.
Rebuy before the hand.
Preflop is marginal. It's easily dominated by AJ, AK, KQ. You want to either be the preflop raiser to take the pot down without a showdown or flop a big hand like a 2pair, a straight(draw) or a flush(draw).
I don't like your stab on the flop. Against 2 players on this limit, you can be pretty sure that someone will call a half pot bet with overcards or some PP or whatever. You are representing a 7 and since you called from the BB, that is somewhat believable. But people don't think like that on 25NL. You have no stack to back up your bluff with, so when the PFR has a decent hand, he needn't really fear a push by you, since you could have basically any 2. And most people would slowplay trips here against a PFR anyway, meaning either c/rai or c/c, push turn. So your flop bet is mostly useless.
I don't understand why you check the turn. When you push here, your representation of a 7 will be much more believable (although elaborate bluffs don't work on 25NL and 2 opponents) and you just might have made the best hand. Because your hand isn't a strong TP hand oop against a raiser, you are not looking to extract the most here by trapping and stuff after two opponents showed interest in the hand preflop and on the flop and you are first to act. If you think you can take the pot, take it right there. You have the most momentum going now. I don't know why you check here and then look like you are stabbing at weakness on the river.