View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Sniper\'s Unofficial 2+2 Post Count Analysis - Feb \'07

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gildwulf,

If you remove terrible "aments" posts from the forum counts I bet OOT is still solidly in front.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i wonder why bbv has more posts than OOT..

web page

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT.

RJ, not trying to get into it (I swear) but there is a huge difference between what you mentioned and the link above. daryn started a thread a lot of people thought was really dumb, they said as much, and it kinda spiraled out of control. It was interesting though and the type of drama that people come to the forums for, whether they admit it to themselves or not. The MT2R ban was quickly overturned and life went on.

In the link above there is just one dumb post after the next. While BBV post counts have shot through the roof, the signal-to-noise ratio has dropped appreciably at the same time. For example, the thread started by Vig today: here is yet another installment of that BBV dramabomb, and yet instead of confining dumb responses to dumb threads, ~80% of the first fifty responses are things like "1st", "2nd", "in", etc. WTF? Pity, because that forum produces IMO the single funniest posts and posters, but one must go through an increasing amount of chaff to find the wheat.