View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: n00b question about stealing blinds from loose players.

[ QUOTE ]
If you steal consistantly you will eventually get played back at. You will need to know what to do when your weak ace is raised on the flop. I believe in the FAQ there is a mention on what a "target" blind steal percentage is.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah it's something between 30-40% and the range I put here is 50.8% so that's little too much. So I better range would be something like:
22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q5s+,J8s+,T8s+,97s+,86s+,76s,65s,A2o +,K6o+,Q8o+,J9o+,T9o
That's 42.1%.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get so bogged down on terminology. Just remember that you want to play hands in position against bad players. So while they may not fold very often preflop (which is where you get most of your value from stealing against tight players), they will also play very poorly after the flop. This is where you make money "stealing" against loose, bad players. Just consider a "blind steal" as some way for Pokertracker to filter out specific hands based on your position preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks miles! I think this cleared things up for me. So what you're saying is that I should always raise these hands even against loose opponents but it's more profitable against tight players because of the fold equity.