View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Sort of poll - when to limp-call your PPs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vs a raise I will call 1 with any PP from the BB. I will usually 3-bet an obvious blind steal from the BB as well. In the SB I will usually call 1 with a PP, but my 3bet "blind defense" range is much tighter, usually 99-up. I defend my blinds as a matter of principle, even if it is mathematically unsound.

[/ QUOTE ]

What principle is this? The principle of losing money?

Edit: I want to nominate "I defend my blinds as a matter of principle" as the next NC thread title.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing about blind defense is that if you defend your blinds once or twice early in a session, people stop stealing. If you consistently lay down they will do it every single hand.

I think building a good table image is important.

[ QUOTE ]

I like to see three people in the pot voluntarily before I coldcall a pocket pair.

[ QUOTE ]
I will also call a 3-bet if I the table has gone nuts (5+callers) and I have position to prevent a cap (eg the BB or I think I the guys behind me will fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you mean by "prevent a cap" and your examples are unenlightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm in the BB, someone has 3 bet, there's only one player behind me to also call, and based on my observation I think that first raiser will call instead of capping, then I will come along.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't call a cap with weak PPs regardless of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've already called for two bets, folding to a cap is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I'm talking about coming from 3 bets down.