View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Default plugging a leak in my game

Hi all,

I'm a pretty advanced limit poker player, with a good grasp of just about all the fundamentals of limit poker. I'd say I'm better then average in short handed games, but I still have one leak that I'm convinced needs plugging.

The context is almost always being out of position in a raised pot, and in a hand where I have raised a hand like KQ or KJs in UTG or UTG+1. The situation entails flopping top pair, and betting. Then the dreaded A turning, and getting raised on the turn. Let's consider the situation where I have almost no redraw, and I'm considering what to do with my second pair.

Of late, regardless of if it was a 27/20 decent guy, or some 50/4 donk, The player has the A. And although I've seen many players raise the turn (with nothing) to be sexy, I'm still giving away a lot of bets in this situation when I go into call down mode. However folding consistantly just seems weak, I'm sure that's not correct.

So what line do you take in a situation where you've got almost no redraw ? My current idea is maybe something like:

40 % of the time, bet/call
15% of the time, check/raise
20% of the time, check/fold
25% of the time, check/call

Sound about right ?