View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Sort of poll - when to limp-call your PPs?

[ QUOTE ]
Vs a raise I will call 1 with any PP from the BB. I will usually 3-bet an obvious blind steal from the BB as well. In the SB I will usually call 1 with a PP, but my 3bet "blind defense" range is much tighter, usually 99-up. I defend my blinds as a matter of principle, even if it is mathematically unsound.

[/ QUOTE ]

What principle is this? The principle of losing money?

Edit: I want to nominate "I defend my blinds as a matter of principle" as the next NC thread title.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do when there are raises on the board? How often do you limp your PPs? Is there an equity equation to determine the correct time to call with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll limp any PP from EP if it's a game where I expect to see 5+ to the flop. In tighter games, I can limp/raise/fold a hand like 77-88 in EP depending on how tight villains are and how they play. 99+ gets raised from any position.

[ QUOTE ]
In general I will cold-call a 2bet with my PPs if there are 2 or more in the pot already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to see three people in the pot voluntarily before I coldcall a pocket pair.

[ QUOTE ]
I will also call a 3-bet if I the table has gone nuts (5+callers) and I have position to prevent a cap (eg the BB or I think I the guys behind me will fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you mean by "prevent a cap" and your examples are unenlightening.

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't call a cap with weak PPs regardless of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've already called for two bets, folding to a cap is stupid.