View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Obama stiffs the govt (for years, taxes and parking tickets unpaid

[ QUOTE ]
Obama paid late parking tickets

Taxes also unpaid! Journalists tucked this fact at the bottom of the article!

I'll let you read the article, here are some things to consider:

He was not some teenage undergraduate when he was running up this debt to local governments. Born in 1961, received tickets from 1988 to 1991.

He was 27 when this started, he was 30 by the time the last one was issued.

He was going to Law school. A law student who shows no respect for the law, and shows no concern for the local governments from which he was not paying his debts. Where was his respect for the taxpayers who had to pick up the bill instead?

While the title of the article mentions parking tickets, Obama also failed to pay Excise taxes to the city he lived in. So for years, and while he was a US Senator, he was in arrears for taxes to a local government. A tax scofflaw running for President! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

BGC, if this is the best you have, we are golden in 2008 - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - (provided they don't nominate Hillary)

so the point of the story is, all taxes and parking tkt's have been paid - what a shining example of a good public servant, taking care of things before running for office [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

according to the article above, he's all even on his accounts, right? - doesn't sound like a tax scafflaw to me - probably paid late penalities too, I suspect - it was probably brought to his attention and dealt with before the election when he barely would have been aware of it - Must be nice to have a staff that doesn't have to commit perjury to do it's job on a daily basis [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

now, on to Congressional Investigations of REAL lawbreakers

rb