View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Trip Report - DUI

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...I pretty much stopped drinking alcohol beyond drinking for flavor (wines w/ dinner, good booze, etc)...and always only with a DD. I don't really drink to the point of inebriation any more, which means way less writing because most of my writing came while inebriated. Hence, the smaller amounts of posts.

I spent a [censored] of money on the best attorney in town, and despite the fact that I was a first time offender with a low BAC, the long and the short of it was he was worth every penny. I have some classes I still need to take by October (6 more hours worth) and when it's all said and done, it probably cost me $5k up front and at least another 5k in rising premiums over the next 5 years. But when it's all said and done, I will just get a reckless driving ticket and no DUI on the record.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite the amount of money you had to spend, this seems like a relatively favorable result. In 5 years, you will probably be much happier that you don't have a DUI on your record than having an additional 10K. Also, it sounds like you turned what was a frustrating and difficult personal situation into a positive for you as a person. That says a lot.