View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Sort of poll - when to limp-call your PPs?

This post was inspired by the 77 hand I posted yesterday. I am curious what your ranges are for weak PPs and how you vary them in different situations.

For the purposes of LHE, I consider weak PPs to be 22-88. 99-TT are marginal PPs and JJ-AA are big PPs.

I often got chastised by 2p2ers for open limipng weak PPs, a practice I have given up since beginning to post here. In general I consider it ok to open-raise with marginal PPs from MP on back. If checked around to me in LP, I will expand this to open raise with all PPs if I think I can steal the blinds / flop fold some weak willed villain who wants to defend against me but has no heart.

Vs a raise I will call 1 with any PP from the BB. I will usually 3-bet an obvious blind steal from the BB as well. In the SB I will usually call 1 with a PP, but my 3bet "blind defense" range is much tighter, usually 99-up. I defend my blinds as a matter of principle, even if it is mathematically unsound.

What do you do when there are raises on the board? How often do you limp your PPs? Is there an equity equation to determine the correct time to call with them?

In general I will cold-call a 2bet with my PPs if there are 2 or more in the pot already. I will also call a 3-bet if I the table has gone nuts (5+callers) and I have position to prevent a cap (eg the BB or I think I the guys behind me will fold). I usually don't call a cap with weak PPs regardless of position.

Does anyone ever open-limp? Open-limping seems to make Babar angry. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]