View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Next on Faux News: Hitler found not guilty of killing eskimos

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one of the four counts he was found guilty of involved lying to FBI agents, so the headline "not quilty of lying to FBI" is false.

Here spin this one:

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly a conservative slant - not surprising from Fox - but I am guessing it is addressing the issue that you have a 3 year investigation in which there was no underlying crime, with the only conviction being for lying during the investigation of a non-crime.

Personally, I think perjury is a very bad crime, and I agree with Fitzpatrick that if someone is guilty of it, they should be punished. To bad some of the people saying that today didn't feel the same when another high level goverment official clearly perjured himself in a lawsuit.

That said, the conservative take on this seems to be that the investigation should have ended much sooner ... early on Fitzpatrick was in possession of the identity of the person who leaked the name - Armitedge from State - and many people (e.g., New York Times, Wall Street Journal) concluded very quickly that there was no crime involved even assuming all that Wilson said was true (and very little of it was). They would argue that the investigation should have ended earlier and this would have never happened.

I think that explains the banner you see there.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

........."Certainly a conservative slant"!!??

Surely you jest?

Is a news service supposed to be reporting the news factually, or spinning it to fit a particular political agenda?

Before you respond with something like....."Well the liberal mews media do the same thing" I will state it, and I find it equally distasteful and disingenuous.