View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Too Aggressive should I slow down for value?

[ QUOTE ]
Did I play this right? Went with the instincts...

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) mewalrus is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">mewalrus raises to $0.75</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.85, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">mewalrus raises to $6</font>, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $3 returned to mewalrus.

Results:
Final pot: $8.85

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not to aggressive, to passive, your preflop raise was to small and I dont really see the point in the min raise, if you want to convince someone there pocket pair is good call and slowplay the hand, if you think your opponent is likely to have a J or a overpair and will pay you off then raise more and start building a pot.

Playing it the way you do gets the worst of both worlds, you dont really get much extra from hands that miss and you dont win the most from another J