Thread: KK in NL cash
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 04:59 AM

Default Re: KK in NL cash

I totally agree with you that you will see AA almost always on the fourth raise. If I have KK preflop I will put the third raise in to get information. If I get a call then I might be in trouble on the flop if an ace doesn't come. Recently there has been a lot of semibluff reraising in NL games.

So let's say I make the initial raise to 6/8 with KK and ger reraised to 20ish. Depending on the player I might reraise but many times I will just call. If I do reraise and they push or just call I will check the flop to see their action on the flop.

In response to all the people that say the games are getting harder I totally agree. You can't play on autopilot and make a lot of money anymore. This applies to the NL games. Every game can be opened up. You just have to start raising preflop a lot more but smaller amounts. Eventually people will start getting sick of giving up their blinds and call with weaker hands. This will build pots preflop and give people on draws incentive to call bets and make the pot something worth going after. The key to beating these games is to raise way more often preflop but at smaller amounts then outplay your opponants after the flop. You want to open up your game preflop and play the post flop game the same way you did before. The is especially true at six max NL where many times I will raise half my hands until people start playing flops. The key is to raise only two times the BB and do it a lot. This has the effect of opening up the game tremendously. It also makes you look like you are really loose. You will win the blinds so many times that the game will be really profitable.