View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Next on Faux News: Hitler found not guilty of killing eskimos

[ QUOTE ]
bbbzzzzzz.... WRONG! Sorry but they were investigating a crime. The FBI does not investigate non-crimes. Sorry, thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is still the most logical explanation of what that banner means:

Libby Convicted of 4 Counts
But was there even a crime

Yes, they were investigating an alleged crime. No, they did not find evidence to support that the alleged crime was committed. During that investigation, Libby committed a crime or crimes by lying to the FBI for which he has now benen convicted. The top line of the banner says this.

The qustion is what does the second line mean. I am guessing it means that the segment was about the underlying crime (exposing a CIA operative), not the lying to the FBI. As my previous post points out, that is kinda of the conservative line now ... yeah, you got one guy lying, but there was no underlying crime ... probably said in a defensive way meant to imply that this isn't as bad as everyone is saying. I could be wrong ... only someone who saw the segment can tell us what they were talking about but I'd bet I'm close.

By the way, taking a single photo like this and trying to attach significance to it is like discussing a hand without knowing the blinds, stack size, etc. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

NCAces