View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Draw Comments Can Go Here

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is one of the aspects of draw that keeps the game interesting, in that it is difficult to get your bluffing equilibrium just right. Most opponents make enough errors (either too tight or too loose) that you can usually exploit them better than playing a strict Ankeny-style game. BTW, do you have any specific hands that you always bluff with or not? (Maybe you don't want to answer )

[/ QUOTE ]

ankeny is a beast. I undestand and probably applied what he has said in his book without realizing it, but he really bothers to do all the math just to prove it. I think those few players from the garden days would absolutely destroy the high stakes tables because they know that against certain opponents bluffing is way +EV and they can adjust.

No, I won't tell you which hands I bluff with, but I will say that there are 2 kinds of bluffs (which are not semi bluffs, like standing pat with 2 pair) : totall BS from the beginning (draws 1 or stands pat with nothing), the continuation bluff, just betting an unimproved hand after the draw because you think your opponent is weak and may fold a better hand, and come draw bluffs, where you have 7-10 outs depending on which cards you have in your hand, what type of hand your opponent has, and which kind of draw you have. You mostly see the last kind.

Standing pat with 2 pair.. I just... I won't do it. Most players will call down with aces up and screw you. I can stand pat with two pair to induce a call when I think someone will call me with a lone hand...