View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Draw Comments Can Go Here

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the full title of the article said Limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I interpreted the "low-limit" as meaning small stakes and you specifically meant low fixed limit. It is true that most of your comments are applicable to the pot-limit games as well.

[ QUOTE ]

As for not educating the fish, I have talked with many people about this, and one person brought up that super system was supposed to destroy the poker games when it just made them juicier. Anyway, if someone posted these question in the forum SOMEONE would have answered them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have used an emoticon. I was kidding about educating the fish. People that want to get better and study the game will hunt down resources and people that just want to click their mouse and gamb00l and not think will keep donating.

[ QUOTE ]

Of course never bluffing is bad, but very few players bluff just enough. Again, maybe I could have reworded it about how to find an equlibrium about bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of the aspects of draw that keeps the game interesting, in that it is difficult to get your bluffing equilibrium just right. Most opponents make enough errors (either too tight or too loose) that you can usually exploit them better than playing a strict Ankeny-style game. BTW, do you have any specific hands that you always bluff with or not? (Maybe you don't want to answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[ QUOTE ]

To number 3 about tourneys... you know they're not coinflips, and yes there is variance... well you know. I'm not sure you're criticizing so much as expanding what I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly expanding, as I play most tournament draw and feel more comfortable blathering about that game than ring play. I've reached more of a comfort zone with the Stars tourneys now, as I've adjusted to the Stars blind structure and I have some semblance of notes on most of the tourney regulars by now and there seem to be fewer maniac newbies-who are tougher to play than call stations or rocks.

Mura, remember the wild player who beat you HU in a tourney a couple of months ago (by hitting an astounding number of draws) and how he was bragging about how he "owned" draw because he was on a huge lucky streak. I checked him out on officialpokerrankings dot com and his 5CD MTT results recently are pretty sucky. That player (with a very LAGgy style) seems to be feast or famine, final table or busto.

I've been thinking over the last few days how draw is a game where there are not many "coinflip" type hands that are so commonplace in holdem. Draw situations are usually of the "Way Ahead/Way Behind" scenario. I'm going to check out the MTT archives and see if there is any good stuff on WA/WB that can be transferred from NLHE to PL5CD.

I have some more draw tourney thoughts, but maybe I'll post them back in Other Poker.