typical annoyin hand:

4th
(24)5 3 bet
(xx)7 k check_call

6th
(24)5 3 9 J call
(xx)7 k 2 5 bet

on the river, i'm stuck with J-high.

i typically dun peel on 4th when i brick, unless i have a good reason to (based on the board cards and pot size). i've got 2 questions (they're pretty similar!):

1. how big does the pot have to be for me to peel? (sorry, i know this is kinda general cos it also depends on ur cards and wat u think u have to beat)
2. at the limits i play (up to 2/4), A LOT of ppl come in with a brick and 2 babies. if one of them (not the sensible ones) catches good, is it ok to peel, as we're likely equal/better for low and probably better str8 possibilities? like i said... i usually do not, reasoning that a) it's not worth the risk *in case* they actually started good this time and b) they play badly enuff that there will be plenty more opportunities later when i do catch good. am i givin up too much by concedin all the pots that develop like this?

btw, pls assume the case that the cards we need are live, and that we'll be bet into again on 5th if villain's board improves or we brick again. i'm pointin out this now so that ppl won't reply sayin a peel is more warranted against a passive player who is likely to check if he bricks 5th.

thank you,
wilson