View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Do\'s and Dont\'s to make a good game

Deal and shuffle quickly.

When someone else tanks, for F(*&(*& sake think yourself!

Just tonight, had a bet, and then three people went into the tank one after another. Did the third one really need that long to think about it? I think not

I think be nice to the fish. If you point out their bad plays, as mason says, you embarrass them into playing better. Or even worse, avoiding you in pots.

Until recently, i played like the devil, and was more than happy to deliberately tilt people and take full advantage of it.

Now, after reading about act like jesus and play like the devil, my behaviour has improved. I dont show cards, dont discuss any poker theory, and just agree with any load of crud that gets said.

Case in point. $11 pub poker tonight. Fckwit's hot girlfriend has AA, she raises 200 (blinds 25/50). Then, on the flop, she bets 200, turn 200, then shoves ai on river.

Atrocious play. Pf good, Flop pot was 800. SHe should have bet 500 on flop, shove the turn.

VIllain had odds to call his gutshot, and was berated by fckwit for calling the 200. But, he closed off the betting, and was guarranteed to get more of her stack. So villain starts talking about implied odds.

I would have just smiled, said nice hand, and mucked. End of story. If asked, i would have said something like didnt feel like calling, but not talk about my cards at all