View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Great bands or performers you saw by accident

[ QUOTE ]
Then a group made up of 3 chick cello players and a drummer come out dressed in strange Victorian-style dresses. They have all kinds of effects on the cellos and it was flat out amazing and completely rocked. They were all obviously very talented and I wish I could remember the name of the group. I'm sure someone on here will recognize them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rasputina.

They're very cool. I seen them like two or three months ago. After the opening band we went out for a smoke and ran into some people we knew. We shot the [censored] for a bit and got back inside when we heard them starting. The place - Maxwells, Hoboken - was packed when we got back in. We were all the way in the back, against the bar. Couldn't see much. They play one song and then she asks everyone to sit down. And they do, indian-style mostly, on the floor. The stained, sticky, beer covered floor.

We, however, do not sit. We stand and now we have the best, um, seat in the house. And we're leaning against the bar so getting beer (sierra nevada ipa) is very easy.
We shoot, We score.