View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: 10/25NL at Foxwoods.........

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe six people called 20 BBs preflop. WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't. The straddle turns this into a 10-25-50 game.

If you're playing 10-25-50 and 4 people/calling stations try to limp, how much should you raise? Clearly $500 is actually on the small side here (for a live game featuring multiple stations). It would depend on my image and table dynamics, but from the description of the game I pop it to $750 or more when 4 people try to limp in a straddled pot.

Anyway, OP says the villain is solid. He limped UTG in a straddled pot (I am assuming UTG is actually the straddler and so villain is the real UTG player) and called a raise, but only after the SB and BB called. Given the described game (rarely peflop raises, people paying off with marginal hands) I guess it's possible he has a weak hand like two suited cards. Since the SB and BB called the $500, villain could be calling with a marginal hand. He would also know that the limp stations behind him would now probably come along due to "pot odds".

So now OP is in a tough spot. I would check behind here on the turn.

I really don't think he has a set, because he would be foolish to slow play it here. Given that he has $40K and you are the shortstack at $8K, it would be foolish for him to check call a small bet with a set on that flop (with deep calling station to act behind him).

For these reason I think he is only beating you if he turned the flush or rivers you. I call a river bet, and even consider making a think value bet if he checks.