Thread: KK in NL cash
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: KK in NL cash

[ QUOTE ]
No, KK is still a very large favorite, unless you're playing the wrong form of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says who? Based on what? Obviously it's a huge favorite against random hands, but after the third raise you are not playing random hands. I've read what you've wrote, I already told you that. I'm asking for some modern evidence, not regurgitation.

[ QUOTE ]
In my sample Which is? [ QUOTE ]
Let me guess, pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My "sample size" is bigger than you think, and my impression includes more than sample size. That's because my "sample size" includes watching all the other all ins at the tables.

But here's the thing. Your sample size must be small too. So how did you come to your conclusion? Results oriented? Or just listening to conventional wisdom?

[ QUOTE ]
In English, you have a small sample size and need to play more. Stop being results-oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]
Running into AA with KK is just variance, and I doubt it has been every time. If it has been, well, that's just crazy and extremely bad luck for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you know that? Based on your sample?

[ QUOTE ]
If you think that KK is a bad hand, you should stop playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's it. I think KK is a bad hand, nice work Sherlock. Tell you what, if you can't form logical conclusions from English statements, maybe you should stop replying in poker forums.

Times change and attitudes change. Online games are tighter than they used to be. Players gain experience and play differently than they used to. People play way more aggressively in tournaments nowadays than conventional wisdom says they should. etc.

And it seems to me, players are starting to become much more leery of putting all their chips in with JJ or AK. When I hold AA, I'm no longer seeing those hands like I was 2 years ago. I'm asking for other experiences and trends, not more results-oriented attacks from people who can't figure out my question, not idiotic knee-jerk reaction to someone hitting one of your little buttons.