Thread: KK in NL cash
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: KK in NL cash

[ QUOTE ]
So my question, have times changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, KK is still a very large favorite, unless you're playing the wrong form of poker.

[ QUOTE ]
In my sample

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is? Let me guess, pretty small.

[ QUOTE ]
NOW LET ME JUST TELL YOU. I AM PROBABLY GOING TO BE THE ONLY PERSON THAT REPLYS TO THIS STUPID POST. HOW ARE YOU NOT GOING TO GET ALL YOUR MONEY IN WITH KK PREFLOP EVERYTIME. IF YOU ARE -EV WITH KK THEN YOU SHOULD STOP PLAYING POKER ALL TOGETHER. YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN EXTREMELY GOOD READ ON A PLAYER OR A SIXTH SENSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

In English, you have a small sample size and need to play more. Stop being results-oriented.

The deck doesn't care what hand you just had or what hand your opponent just had. Online poker isn't rigged and neither is live poker. Running into AA with KK is just variance, and I doubt it has been every time. If it has been, well, that's just crazy and extremely bad luck for you. If you think that KK is a bad hand, you should stop playing poker.

One time I was playing in a live poker room with my friend sitting across from me. I find QQ. I do my thing, he calls. Flop comes KxQ. We throw some chips around, I feel like I have him beat. We flip over the cards, he has KK! What the hell are the chances!? That's poker, bad luck for me, good luck for him, bad variance for me. I wasn't folding unless I had a huge read on him, which my read was that he would do that with AK, or just top pair. Oh well. I still won over the course of that session because I am a better player than he is.