Thread: Sniper
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Sniper

[ QUOTE ]

This whole process is rediculous

You guys clammored for a response and he gave you one. He basically said "you are right, I was wrong" but of course that's not enough. Now you want details on how he'll mod in the future, which is impossible to do completely out of any context. Not that I'm even convinced that anything he says will make people satisfied.

You guys act like you've never made any mistakes in your modding during the past 6 months. I think all three choices were bad ones and I hope that I wouldn't make the same errors, but at the same time I hope that when I do make "an error" that I'm not witch-hunted like this.

Some of you don't think his other contributions should matter at all in this process. I completely disagree. Other contributions to 2+2 show a committment to the betterment of the site as a whole and indicate to me a willingness to learn and grow for that end.

Then there's this whole issue of timely response, which to me is a clear indication of the excessive zeal in this spot.

Nothing I say is going to change what people think, but it needed to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with a lot of what Berge20 has stated. I thought the sniper response was well thought out and to the point. He pointed out his mistakes, said he was sorry and he would utilize it as a learning experience for future decision. I don't think he could have said it better and it was more than I expected.

As for the lag or timeframe for the response I do not see a problem. If he was a full time paid employee I could see telling him to work on nothing but researching his past decisions and a response. But as a volunteer employee many of us also have full time jobs, families, homes and hobbies that consume much of our time. I thought it was fine that he took a few days to go back over his modding history and draft a response. It is possible he even wanted time to sleep on his response and decisions to ensure he was reacting in the manner a clear mind should. It is not like a couple of days are going to matter much in the history of the internet.

I think Mat made an excellent decision. I think sniper needs a little break from the mod forum and a few of the mods need a break from sniper. Hopefully the end result will be an even better long range environment for 2+2. Mat stated he was stressed out and I can only imagine how stressed out sniper must have been. I think sniper really tries to do what is best for the forums but he just thinks differently than some of the other mods.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]