View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: What I Would Like to See From the PPA (and 2+2)

Richas,

I agree that local activities are a great way to get some positive PR. However in most jurisdictions you will have the catch-22 of wanting to host a tourney to benefit charity and raise awareness of efforts to legalize poker but not being able to precisely because of restrictive gaming laws. In a big enough metro area I guess you could try to get a local players association to do other things to raise money for charity or do some public work, but it would seem hard to get all but the most committed hard-core members to go along with that.

With all the college age members of 2+2 here, perhaps a good way to draw attention to poker would be to try to host a debate on gaming legislation on campuses and get media attention for same, and put emphasis on the hypocrisy of both favoring some forms of gambling over others, and of disfavoring poker while favoring other entertainment activities which also have a potential of addiction in a small portion of persons engaging in those activities (like compulsive shopping).