View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Duke at Carolina

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't get why he would go up so hard (I don't get why Tyler was doing it either) at the end of the game during garbage time if it wasn't for malicious purposes. A hard foul is pointless at that point. What message are you sending to your opponents? You beat are @ss but we're not going to take it when it doesn't matter. I think the foul and his actions were very inappropriate for the time of the game. I don't think they would have been appropriate at any time but near the end of the game during garbage time is very, very callous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to believe it was just frustration boiling over. We got beat handily in the season finale by our arch rival, and now Hansbrough has ANOTHER offensive rebound for ANOTHER stickback. Henderson went for a huge block and accidentally bashed TH's nose in.

If it were to come out that Henderson was intentionally trying to hit TH in the face, then as I said before, kick him off the team.

Duke, Henderson and K are taking a beating from the national media today, and deservedly so. K needs to get things under control. This kind of ugliness has no place on the basketball court.

And I don't want to hear any more of this crap about how TH shouldn't have still been in the game. Seriously, WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

DD,

This certaily has added some spice to the ACCT. I for one am really looking forward to the State vs Duke game. If the stars align just right we'll all be treated to Round III of UNC / Duke Sunday afternoon.

I know I've rubbed some the wrong way in this post (and many previous posts) and I admit I've pushed buttons and maybe "ran with the ball" a bit too far.

After further reflection, I don't think GH meant to break TH's nose. I do think GH meant to lay a flagrant foul on TH. In the course of doing so GH cost his team by being suspended for Round 1 of the ACCT. GH will have to live with the consequences of his actions because I can assure you Commissioner Swafford will not go against the ruling made on the court by the officiating crew. I certainly hope GH takes it upon himself to seek out Roy and/or TH in Tampa to make the apology he mentioned during the post-game press conference.