View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Help w/ NYC housing for the Summer?

i dont know if you know people in NYC but if you don't i'm going to make a suggestion that i think you really should pay attention to, especially if you are just playing poker.

if you get an apt by yourself or even some random roommate you are going to have a really hard time meeting people. the best thing to do would be to suck it up and find either a dumpy apartment where a bunch of students live (easy to meet people) or a dorm.

I lived in NYC when I was 21 for a summer and stayed at the marymount manhattan dorms in midtown (55th btwn 2nd and 3rd). I believe they have another dorm somewhere too.

The location was awesome for me because I worked 7 blocks away. Midtown isn't the best for nightlife or atmosphere but it could be worse. The best part is I met a lot of people who were in the same position as me and even though I never really hung out with my roommate I found a group or 10 or so people that I always hung around with.

google the college (i think its loyola marymount manhattan or MMC or something) if you have any questions or send me a PM. I believe rent was like 1200/mo (no food) and that was with sharing a dorm room.

i strongly recommend not living by yourself. that summer would have sucked if i just came home from work with nothing to do but living with college kids made it the best summer of my life.

tc