View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: The *Official* Unofficial Thread (UIUC: 3/2/07)

I'm a junior at U of Iowa (20 years old). I got to Champaign-Urbana at 10pm on Thursday and left at noon on Sunday. thoughts:

-Unofficial was great. Started drinking at 8, ended at around 2. Everybody wandered around the streets in green the whole day. We just drank in my friends apartment at first, then house partys during the afternoon and nighttime. House partys were pretty fun, but nothing special. we avoided the bars cause all of my friends said cops were gonna go crazy and raid everything.

-Saturday night we headed over to Station(never been there before), because "its cool" and thats where all our friends were. We literally waited 90 minutes outside. There were lots of douches trying to cut in line. It was terrible. There was even a long wait for the "VIP line", which was humorous. The bar itself wasn't anything special either. For anybody who goes to Iowa, its basically half the size of union and half as fun. We stayed in a corner area where drink were free at hte beginning, which was cool. For anybody who visits, I recommend not waiting in line at Station and going to one of the other bars where theres no wait.

Afterwards we went to Nero's. It was packed, everybody wasted. Pretty fun experience, but lots of people were cutting inline. With everybody being wasted, there were some confrontations, but no fights. Nero has great drunk food. I got the gyros and fries and boy was it good. Lots of drunk mariokart once we got back. Fun fun fun time.

For anybody who didn't go this year, It's definitely somethin you gotta do at least once while your at college.