View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: OT - settle a bet

Ok, I guess I won't pay, yet, and probably won't play. This all goes to show how personal BR rules are though. Busting out would not be a huge deal for me now and would likely be the best thing for me. Assuming some things go as I hope, I'm about to start a new business and I'm confident that I could be successful at it, but only if I really work my ass off at first. Playing poker might be a costly distraction especially with poker not being what it used to be.

Newt, the under 1% thing is crazy. I can't understand how you can't be more confident. You are a first born aren't you? Yes, poker has a way of putting people in their places, but why in the world would your place be where you are now? When I was playing the $22s I was about 50% sure that I could have beaten the $215s at that time. In hindsight, I'm about 90% certain that I could have beaten them at that time. If someone gave you a roll for 10/25 and had you play it, I'd bet on you even money. I don't think it would be a slam dunk, but I'd make the bet. If someone wants to give me 100 to 1 on it, then I'll back you for 10/25 in order to make that bet.