View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: OT - settle a bet

Definitely don't pay

The spirit of the bet was that the first who could beat 10/20, as in make in their main game, would pay the other one. Taking a shot one night at 10/20 clearly does not qualify anymore than a fish playing 2 $1050 SNGs saying that he is a $1k SNG regular. Until you play 10/20 every day you haven't "made it" to 10/20. Even the other member of the bet defined it as "i mean i think the context of the bet was whoever got to 10/20 as in properly rolled/ beating the game." You clearly can't claim to be beating the game until you have a large sample with a stastically significant win rate, which you haven't come close to assembling.

I also think the second option is not close either when I say do not play 10/20 until busto or robusto. Anyone who is playing $2-4 regularly has little chance at a normal 10/25 game in the long run. I don't mean this as a personal attack in any way, i just don't think any $2-4 regular (whether it be me, curtains, or you) who isn't absolutely crushing the tables (which is probably none since they would move up) has a shot against significantly better competition. Sure, you might find some soft tables once in a while but the poker limits are very good at finding their skill equilibrium even if it doesn't always feel like it. Honestly I would put your chances, my chances, or any $2-4 regulars chances of going robusto at 10/25 at <1%. Cash out the money and buy something nice for your wife and/or kids instead.