View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: March. (#7 of 7.)

Dark,

Very nice post. Exactly my experience with reading the mood vs. the stats. It's a very aggressive site, and mood swings get tripped fairly often.

And most fish seem to play week after week because the rakeback gives them some lifeline each Monday.

One guy I recommended to the site is a moderate to fishy short-handed player at low limits. He is used to re-bankrolling a site with about $200 per week. He loves WPEX because the extra rakeback gives him extra dough in his bankroll to play more, hence building an even larger bankroll after his deposit.

He actually feels like a winner, even though he's losing at the same rate per week. He's getting more play per dollar and at the same time losing more money to other players per dollar deposited. Talk about a Win-Win!

If this site ever gets a player base growing, it could become a real fish trap with a fish never quite going broke. "I deposited $200 this week, same as last week, but now I've got $270 to start. And maybe I'll just play off the bonus and see what happens before depositing."

In any case, the site puts more money into the poker economy per dollar invested than any other by long run. No other site is even close to being in the race.