View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: How do you guys get through the \"down swings\"

I've run into this for the past 30,000 hands myself... in fact I've played that AK/AQ hand and had the same thing happen. I've certainly helped things out variance wise though by calling down with worse flushes, calling a turn reraise with AK on a board of 667A2 in a multiway pot. It seems like everything I do is the wrong play. But I have analyzed the variance as well, for instance in 13 ai situations where I was 80% or better to win I only won 6 of them.

I honestly can see why people start going off saying sites are rigged, the worst hand always wins, blah blah blah. Maybe some of us are just "unlucky", meaning that while every one gets the same amount of luck "in the long run", the long run for some is years. I mean let's face it, for every person who has great "luck" in poker (meaning they hit their draws a little more often and have their best hands hold up as much or more than they should) there has to be someone on the opposite end of the "luck". Sucks if it's you.

How many would be great players have quit too soon because they recieved their long run of bad luck at the start rather than after a few years of playing and doing well?