View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Default 20/40 drawing hand

This hand probably played itself out more like a lower limit hand, but it WAS 20/40 at Bay101. Villain is an asian calling station lady. She has been at the table about 30 minutes and I have not seen her raise once. She plays about 50% of all hands. BB is hard to classify, pretty average, not crazy, not rocky, not over agressive, not over passive.

UTG folds, Villain is UTG+1 limps, 2 more limpers and hero limps on the button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB calls, BB raises, everybody calls. My thinking: "Oh man, I only have a drawing hand now, flop needs to hit me hard!"

Flop (12 SB): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks (!), everybody checks to hero. "mhmm, I got top pair with inside straight draw and a backdoor flush draw, I think I'll bet to see where I am at.". 4 callers, including BB and villain.

Turn (8 BB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to hero, hero bets, BB folds, villain raises, other MP player folds. Hero calls thinking:"Ok, now I need to hit my 4-outer, giving be 11:1 odds call is justified."

River (12 BB): not really sure anymore, let's say a rag like 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets, hero folds.

For some reason, this hand is bothering me enourmously. I'm totally sure this lady was not raising for value, that is check-raising me on a draw. Maybe she is totally bluffing and I am dumb to not call the river? I am pretty sure, however, she had already hit her JT straight. So was I wrong to call that check-raise, figuring I only have 3 outs? Or might she be raising with a set?