View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Deep (how to get the money in?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise PF. I'm not a big fan of open limping ANY pair in ANY position.

I think I probably call and lead turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad advice. Open limping has it's place...esp. with small pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is open-limping 22 UTG at 6m better than open raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might not be better generally, but you have to take the table and your image under consideration. At this particular table there are many loose players (including 2 loose shortstacks) - look at how much play UTG+1 got on his pfr.

My point is if I raise UTG from this spot I'm likely going to get multiple callers (and probably not UTG+1-cause he's tight), including the loose shortstacks. In this situation c-betting the flop is just spew - particulary since they are probably already getting sick of me raising already.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody said that if you get multiple callers PF that you have to make a c-bet on the flop. And whats wrong with getting multiple callers? That would make the pot big for the times you flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well - one of the main reasons to raise is so you have initiate in the hand have the possibility to win it on the flop with a C-bet. That is just not likely to happen in this spot. Furthermore - as fishy as some of these guys are (not UTG+1) there is a good chance of getting their stacks (or a substantial portion thereof) in a unraised pot if I were to catch a set.

Everyone is so focussed on the PF - it is a no brainer for me. I'm liable to limp or raise with all kinds of stuff depending on table conditions and image considerations. I'm more interested in comments on the post-flop.

Lucky