View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Absolute Morality

[ QUOTE ]
What is one of DS's problems anyway? And you know I can't predict your opinion on a moral subject, because I don't really know you. Don't try and shove that point in my face, because both you and I know it's invalid. You're better than using a cheap tactic like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I meant give an example of how he methodology would work. What would you need to know about me to predict my answer?, make us some stuff if you like and show us how this methodology works. Pick any example you like.

[ QUOTE ]
I am saying that there is a predictable framework behind moral behavior, and teaching people this predictable framework will allow them to more knowledgeable moral choices regardless of their moral perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's true but again its just about what causes morality (which is nature+nuture we agree on that, doesn't everyone). facts are great, knowledge is great but its not morality as you seem to acknowledge when you talk of peoples individual moral perspective.

You just seem to be arguing for education, well I agree with that, most do except a few weirdos who seem to rejoice in ignorance.

I don't have any idea if we actually disagree about anything except what morality is about.

chez