View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Fighting hyper-agro to your right?

Last night I was playing one of Star's $4 180's.

Now normally, when we get near the bubble, I tend to start a lot of stealing attempts, etc. Sometimes it's worked, sometimes I run into a trouble.

Last night, with ~20 left, this guy directly to my right starts min-raising every hand that gets to him unopened. Literally every hand.

I couldn't figure out how to stand up to him. I never caught a really playable hand, and had a healthy stack at the time. But I didn't' want to just watch him run over the table, and watch the blinds eat away at my stack.

A few small stacks tried to take a stand, and he showed he was very willing to come along with them with the worst of it (min-raise with J7o, and call the all-in). He got very lucky, and in a few hands we were down to 2 tables, and he was across the table from me where I could do a bit better fighting him. Ultimately, he took a huge stack through to a 1 or 2 finish. (I finished 3rd, and logged).

But the original situation was new to me. How, in a late-stage tournament with a medium stack situation, do you deal with the every-hand-min-raiser-directly-to-your-right?