View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: 25nl interesting AJ hand

Why would I need staked?

"While I do not normally question pooh-bah's, I am not sure I like raising the turn. If I'm villan and am sitting on a flopped 2 pr or straight, I bet into the A-high turn, hoping to get raised and stacking Ax (where x = J,Q, or K) here. Am I off base here? Maybe I'm just seeing monsters and forgetting that this is 25NL (which is what I play).

And, since OP did not raise the turn and villan checks the river, I'm thinking this is a great value bet opportunity. His c/r on the river seems real fishy as hero showed no aggression on either the flop (just a CB) or turn. Seems real fishy. I think I become Mr. PayoffMonkey on the river as well.

Please, help me learn."

Here is my thinking.. I raised preflop.. and c-bet the flop.. donkey calls with his ace rag and spikes it on the turn thinking it's good so he bets out. Am I going to stack Ax if I move in here? Maybe? I have no idea really. For those that said raise the turn I AGREE.. I should have done that!

But lets look at the river check raise... what hand is donkey doing this with? 78? Would you honestly check the river with 78? My call on the turn signifies that I may indeed have an ace, but am I going to bet weak stuff on the river? I'd check behind most of the time and win in showdown. I thought hmm.. maybe donkee has K6 and spiked 2 pair on river.. but he wouldn't bet the turn with K6. An awfully played set? Possibly.. but honestly I didn't think that K changed anything, so it was either a weaker hand than mine or a badly played 78.. so I called.