View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Your five favorite games of all time?

It's fascinating how many of these games I recognize and agree with. I say this because I haven't played video games seriously in about 8 years and I would say a majority of the games mentioned are from back when I was a gamer. I guess things are always better in hindsight.

I'm a huge rpg fan and was introduced to the genre by Dragon Warrior 2 and the original Final Fantasy. I think FF2 for the Super Nintendo was my favorite. That was just about everything I think an rpg should be. I know the later ones have better graphics and longer stories but the second one just worked for what it was.

Golden Eye is definitely on this list. I very well may have spent more time on this game than any other. I rented the game from blockbuster every weekend for like 3 months before I finally bought it.

As far as multi player games go I'm surprised no one has mentioned Super Bomber Man. I know the game was never huge but it was probably the best party/multi player game I've played. The one oddity was each sequel got progressively worse: the first was great, the second almost as good, Bomberman 64 got old fast, and then they made another one that didn't even have a multiplayer mode. Pretty stupid.

Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, and Mario 64 were all games I dedicated countless hours to. It's hard to pick a favorite.

Warcraft2. This game did so much so well that it's hard to appreciate it. This is was the first time I every played with a friend (we connected through a modem). We also played with a lan network at my school (the guy who ran the computer lab was really cool). It was the first time I ever played a live multiplayer game with a bunch of people. It's so commonplace today we should remember where it got started.

I'm long-winded. I"m sorry.