View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Adjusting when they peg you as a c-bettor

I've been noticing lately that often after I'm at a table for awhile, some players peg me as a mega c-bettor based on my play; this is a reputation that I may deserve somewhat but I do not merely bet at every flop where I'm in a raised pot. My question, then, is this: How do I exploit this? Obviously the answer would ring something like value bet the crap out of your good hands and slow down when you flop air, but I'm looking more for specifics. I'm even talking to the point where a player may go out of his way to call my preflop raise in hopes of just putting a play on me later on. For instance, a player will call my raise even with garbage, call my flop bet regardless of what comes out, and then raise my turn bet if I make one or bet if checked to. I feel like this may be a problem with image. Sure, there are those who will not like to play with me because they'll know they're going to have to pay, but then there are others like I previously described. Should I purposefully play tighter and show my cards and that I'm not playing air when my image becomes one of a c-bettor, only to switch gears later on afterwards?