View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Bet or slowplay?

[ QUOTE ]
kurto, I mean whenever I see two suited cards, I'm scared the villain has a flush draw. I either make them fold or completely slow down when the flush hits. I guess the point is to give them the wrong odds to call if they do have a flush draw, but often it just scares off worse hands that might call a smaller bet. I seem to either lose value or let them bet me off if the flush card comes. Horrible play, I know, but I think I'm TOO scared of flushes. Heads up, what are the odds that they have a flush draw?

At lower levels, though, it seems people will call a pot sized bet with a flush draw, so you can't really get them to fold, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK if this is exactly correct but it seems like I remember reading somewhere the odds of someone holding two to a flush when there are two on the board is somewhere in the 13 - 16% range. Can't remember where I read it though so hopefully someone else can confirm whether this sounds close.

Regarding your comment about getting people off of flush draws at lower limits. QFT. However, you actually want villains to call your psb's. Afterall their mistake is your gain. There will absolutely be times when they will suck-out against you (and these occasions stink). Over time though, statistically speaking, you will come out ahead.