View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: tell us about your job

I'm the chief dispatcher for a concrete company. I've been here for 10 years.

I'm treated fairly well by the boss. I make a decent income (nothing compared to the balla high stakes players around here, also nothing compared to you stock traders or lawyers)

My job in the summer is much harder than the winter. During the summer I'm usually there by 6 am and not out until at least 5. Sometimes I'm in earlier and stay much later. In the winter it's usually like 7 -4.

The way my job works is I'm pretty much hated by EVERYONE. I have drivers mad at me for working them too long. Other drivers are pissed at me for sending them home too early. I have customers mad at me because they can't get their concrete when they want it. I get the bosses pissed if I have trucks sitting on the yard. Dispatchers mad at me if they work too long. My wife mad at me if I work too long etc.

My job consists of scheduling drivers, loads for the customers, scheduling vacation for 75+ employees, writing letters when peeps mess up, calming customers down when things go wrong, and many other things.

In return I get a decent check, they pay for all my fuel, all my lunches, some of my breakfasts, a yearly bonus, a turkey for Thanksgiving and a ham for X-mas. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]