View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Best frozen stuff from TJ’s to cook on a George Forman Grill?

I also follow a regimented low carb lifestyle. I'm an avid recreational bodybuilder, I follow a cyclical ketogenic diet,(ckd). You can google if you want more info. Basically low carb, high clean fats, moderate protein throughout the week, and then carb loading or refeeds during the weekend. It's basically a diet of give and take and it really keeps me tight, and most importantly happy. I get to eat thai food and pizza on the weekends!

A few suggestions I wanted to add. I eat alot of chicken breast. I buy the frozen bulk bags from sams club. I keep them frozen and use them as needed. I have found to defrost them, I just stick them in my microwave and actually heat them on a regular setting, not defrost (defrosting too slow)for 2-3 minutes. They come out completely defrsoted. Im very easy going and usually just put some salt, pepper and red pepper seeds and broil them. Sometimes I use some emmeril chicken seasoning salt that I have. My main point is that cooking in the microwave for a few minutes equals defrosting.

Also, many grocery stores (whole foods, Hillers, trader joes?) have already cooked and seasoned Rotissiere Chickens for very cheap, like $5.00 or less with coupon. On weekends I usually buy 2-3 for the week. I eat alot of chicken. What I do is break them off the bone and throw them in tupperware containers, put them in the fridge and eat them throughout the week. You can do so much with them and they taste great. Throw them on salads, add mayo & pickles and make chicken salads, or just eat them with franks red hot. I also make sandwiches with them using Trader Joes low carb wraps (these are great btw), add cheddar cheese, olives, sprouts, lettuce and ranch dressing. So, if you like chicken, I would give these a try they are good.