View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Need help with default blind stealing/defending preflop strategy.

Hi,

I was thinking if you could summarize for me a default preflop strategy for blind stealing and defending the blinds. There's almost nothing said about this in SSHE and it happens to be the only poker book I have.

The questions I have:

(Just pick the ones that you feel like answering to.)

<u>Blind defence</u>

1. What % of the time should I 3-bet preflop if I decide to defend my blind? I'm assuming that I can't always 3-bet because the other players will eventually notice that.

2. What hand range should I use to defend my SB/BB against a raise from the Button/CO/HJ/BB? Stealer's att. to steal% is 30+.

3. Should I ever open-limp when I'm on the CO or OTB?

<u>Blind stealing</u>

4. What should my stealing hand range be when I'm on the button/CO/HJ/SB? Players on my left are TAGs or TPs. What if they are LAGs or LPs?

5. Should I ever just call when I'm on the SB and it has been folded around to me? Or is it a raise or fold situation?

6. If my opponent on the SB just calls and I have better than two random cards hand, Should I raise from the BB? (SB vs. BB situation of course).

<u>Button vs. CO/HJ</u>

7. What coldcalling/reraising hand range should I have when an aggressive player on the CO/HJ open-raises?

Thank you!