View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Need: Program that enables internet surfing at work without detect

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.anonymizer.com/

I've never really used this - but people I know have. Supposedly you go to that website - and then can surf as you wish from their. Your boss will only be able to see that you've been on anonymizer.com all day - not the other "questionable" sites that you may choose to visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your simply looking to bypass web filters this as well as Google trick will probably work. But, if anyone actually looks at the activity logs, both of these look very suspicious. The Google one will even list the site you are visiting in the URL.

The point is, I wouldn't do either if you value your employment and are trying this at work.

FWIW - I am the person in charge of this stuff at the company I work for.

EDIT: To add that logmein.com would look the least suspicious and really wouldn't be breaking any policies if that site is not blocked.

Part of the reason certain types of sites are blocked is to prevent malicious software from entering the network as well a prevent litigation. I care about the first part, not how you spend your time. If you want to look at big titties from your home PC through logmein.com, have at it.