View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Scared of the IRS

[ QUOTE ]

And as Snipe said, it's never wise to post about it on a public chat board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get ridiculous. If we were posting about millions of dollars we made it would be one thing, but over something as trivial as this?

Do you know what the IRS would have to go through to get my name? They would have to get my IP from 2+2 (which may or may not require a court order, depending on how Sklansky decides to play it). Then they would have to go to my ISP (which would require a court order).

Since I have stated, time and time again, I have paid my taxes in the past and will in the future and on top of that the amount of money I made is literally a grain of sand (even to the people on here) I doubt we have to worry about big brother tracking us down on a "public chat board" for displaying confusion on how to file.

I plan on seeking another CPA who will help me, but I just wanted to point out the fact that this board seems to be more about lecturing than helping on topics like this.

Edit - Maybe I am just grumpy tonight. I have always appreciated the advice and help Sniper has given on this forum; I was just a bit taken aback when he insinuated I had stated I did not want to pay my taxes, as that is something I take very seriously. I'll re-evaluate my post in the morning, don't take my words too harshly, please :-).

This is a very frustrating and nerve-wracking situation for all of us, I suppose.