View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Scared of the IRS

[ QUOTE ]
Karak, et al...

If what you are required to do, and what you are going to do, are two different things... why are you telling a bunch of semi-anonymous posters (including the IRS) on this messge board, that you are going to do it?

What is the point of... "Hey look at me, I'm going to knowingly ignore the law" posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on paying my taxes. I fail to see where I said I was not going to pay my taxes. I have paid my poker taxes before; I just lumped summed them. The IRS never came knocking (it was a small amount). I am simply seeking advice on what you guys think of this session thing for when I file.

This time the amount, while still small in comparison to most people, is larger than last time.

However, whenever I ask what to do since my PT files are gone I am lectured about why I am so irresponsible and breaking the law (apparently asking what to do when I lost my records is breaking the law). This has happened before and I see poster after poster getting shot down and turned away due to this.

Let me make this easier:

I [censored] up. My harddrive crashed and I lost my records.

What do I do now? A CPA told me not to file because this is "too complicated" and will "cost too much to rectify."

I kid you not.