View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Scared of the IRS

[ QUOTE ]
Karak, et al...

If what you are required to do, and what you are going to do, are two different things... why are you telling a bunch of semi-anonymous posters (including the IRS) on this messge board, that you are going to do it?

What is the point of... "Hey look at me, I'm going to knowingly ignore the law" posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a lot of posts in here that quite frankly sound like the posters think they are talking directly to the IRS and trying to convince them they are doing everything by the book. If any of you high and mightys are actually doing this then good for you and I'm glad you were aware and can sleep well. But don't think and project that those of us that were in the dark (far more than you think) deserve to pay the ultimate price whatever that may be for not being as insightful as you.

I'm talking about the people who, like myself, have never needed a CPA to do our taxes and have gambled as a hobby for years unprofitably until internet gambling came along. My taxes have always been done in 5 minutes. This has been an eye opener for me as well as others. I, for one, am not posting to say "look at me" I am ignoring the law, I am posting to say, Hey, am I the only one who thinks the law was unobvious at best, and downright ridiculous at worst? And am I the only one who has to deal with a situation where I don't have the documentation the law requires and faces the dilemma of claiming frozen neteller funds? I am not saying look at me, I'm saying who else out there is like me? And what are you planning to do about it?