View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Ask me anything about your Credit Score

[ QUOTE ]
SossMan thanks again for all your great work on this!!! It's been a tremendous help.

Good News and Bad News.

First, the good news is that my credit score is 734, according to Experian. That's much higher than I thought. Last time I checked in 6/03 it was only about 700 or 701. But I have been paying all my credit card balances in full and on time, and I have been paying the mortgages on my CA home for 5 years and my TX rental home for 14 years without any delinquencies.

Second, Experian is offering both a free credit SCORE and REPORT if you sign up for their $9.95 per month credit management plan. But there is a 30 day free trial, so if you cancel within the trial period, it's supposedly free.

Third, I still want to raise my score from 734 to 830. This is because my penis is rather small and flaccid. So it would be nice, at least, to pump up my credit score to compensate.

Fourth, I will keep you all posted on my adventures in credit card arbitrage. Over the past month, I have been able to get 72K in free balance transfers at 0% interest until Aug/Sept./Nov. 2007 ( And I got one additional card offering a limit of 20K on all purchases at 0% interest until Feb. 08. So that's a total of 92K so far, and the lenders are still sending me offers. It's pretty wild.

My concern is that this is going to hurt my credit score a lot, just to squibble out a few thousand dollars in arbitrage interest at 5%.

So I want to understand how to try to maintain a high score, or at least help my score recover after it takes a hit.

Hopefully I won't get hit by a car, go into a coma, and wake up 2 years from now, with empty bank accounts and ruined credit.

I currently have 9 separate cards with total credit limits of $129,800. They are from 5 different issuers, with one issuer offering me 4 cards. It's weird how they keep trying to push more credit on you.

But I am not using two of those cards with about 32,500 in credit because they have no 0% balance or purchase offers. But I won't close them. Just let them sit for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the only thing limiting your score is the inquiries and the amount of new credit.

Other than that, keep doin' it, oh flacid one.