View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Ice Storm (with pics)

I was in eastern IA skiing from thurs-sat, but drove home at the first sign of bad weather coming. The roads weren't very bad at first, just some minor snow. This slowed the trip down a little, but I thought I'd still try and make it home. I made it about halfway home before the weather actualy got bad. I left with about a half tank of gas, but by the time I passed IA city I was already pretty low. This shouldn't usualy be a problem, but by this time all the electricity was out in every gas station. 40 miles from home I ended up having to dodge powerline polls that had fallen into the road, I wish I had pics of this but it was dark and my phone wouldn't do it justice. 15 miles from home or so we ended up running out of gas in a snow drift, and I had to call a friend to fill us up to make it home. It ended up being a pretty fun drive. Here are some pics from my roomates and I driving around today looking at the damage.

Just a pic from last night when I got home to show you how much freezing rain actualy gathered on the trees.

This was a "road" right before we drove through it.

A pic of some good work on our town square.

Me slipping a canon in my roomate's ass.