View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: This business of adjusting to the ante structure

No clue what changes should be made in a Stud game, but in Stud 8 I play a lot more hands at 30/60 than 10/20. 30/60 I steal antes way more often and with pretty much pure steal hands with no useful prospects once I get action that are worthless IMO at 10/20 since successful steals don't give so much back. I also try to play all my split/buried small pair with a 1 gap/no gap connector and quite a few buried small pair small kicker, and my 22-66 A kicker. I fold all of those at 10/20 except steal or in multiway limped pots. I'm also more likely to come in with 8 low gutshot type hands.

I make similar adjustments for Razz. 10/20 I basically don't bother defending 2 card hands ever. On any FTP game or Stars 30 I defend more/steal more and play looser in EP. I'm also more likely to complete any hand I play since the pot is already decent size on 4th for the opponent's peeling not be a horrible play when I limp, so I may as well build the pot while I think I'm ahead. At 10/20 the pot is tiny so their peel is bad, so I open limp in EP everything I'm going to play.