View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Why the double standard? (re: female gheyness vs. male gheyness)

As you have read in my previous posts, I am pro ghey. This means that even though I am not ghey, I'm cool with teh gheys.

I have been trying to study tonight but I have also browsed various facebook pics from my university. It has hit me in the face that when females act ghey, it is deemed as "sexy." In fact, many girls post pics of themselves fondling, kissing, and doing various homoerotic activities with their female friends. Some even list that they are in a "relationship" or are married to another female, under the status portion.

If we flipped the table and had men do activities much like teh females such as holding hands, kissing, gropping, or the like, and then post these pics up, these men (let's assume that these men doing these homoerotic activities are straight) would be heavily scrutinized by others. I have not been browsing the facebook of males, but I am assuming that 99.999% of straight males would not put down in a joking manner that they in a relationship with another male.

Why is this?