View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: The \"Lining up jobs\" Thread, 2007

Well, I'll update:

My parents sounded kinda pissed that I wanted to be an actuary. They apparently want me to go into consulting a lot now, which is strange because they were turned off by it at first. So I didn't even bring up/apply for TFA.

I'm doing interviews, and I hate it more than anything. I'm a double major in econ and geography with a math minor, a 4.0 cumulative GPA and numerous academic awards, 2 consulting internships, but I just really really suck at interviewing--to the point that they don't care about me looking pretty much perfect on paper. I hate talking to random people about myself, esepcially when I secretly think their company is full of crap and I'll despise my job. I might go the actuarial route just to enter a field where you're expected to be socially awkward and numbers-oriented.

I'm not worried about the probability exam too much. I know a whole lot about continuous random variables, etc so usually the discrete problems and set theory applications are pretty easy. I'll definitely have to brush up on finance, though.